Friday, April 12, 2013

Wells Banana Bread Beer

Ok. To be honest I was given this beer and was a bit afraid. It sat in the fridge longer than most beer and I kept looking and wondering. Well, I manage up the courage (which wasn't actually much and I was looking for something different) and poured it - very surprised, and in a good way.

The aroma is dominated by banana with spicy notes. Some sweetness and maltiness.

The flavor is malty, with the banana becoming subdued. It has a firm bitterness and is fairly balanced with some hops and spice. The finish is crisp and dry.

A fairly thin mouthfeel but with the dryness it is still refreshing.

Overall I was impressed. Maybe it was the fact it wasn't terrible, but more likely it was because it actually was well made. Granted, this is not the type of beer for everyone, but those who are looking for something different, give it a try.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment