Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ooh, Saucy!

Besides The Drink, I do enjoy The Food and I like to mix these to hobbies together. I have made a few good things (and a few less then great things). Here is a super simple recipe for a blueberry sauce that is great over ice cream, on pancakes, or on anything else you might think of.


Wild Blueberry Whiskey Sauce

1 cup wild blueberries
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 oz Whiskey

In a 2 quart sauce pan bring blueberries, water, and sugar to a simmer. Simmer until sugar dissolves and sauce thickens to a syrup consistency. Adjust taste by adding more sugar to desired sweetness. Add Whiskey and allow to heat then carefully light on fire - this will make a flash so be very careful. Burn until the flame is gone.

As an option, the syrup can be simmered until it thickens further and can be used like a jam and is great on toast.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Point me towards a recipe for a good whisky-enhanced BBQ sauce and you'll really make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll work on one... one shot me me, one for the sauce...

    ReplyDelete