Friday, July 31, 2009

The Drink, She Loves Me... tonight at least

For some time now I have enjoyed the drink - that is to say, most of my life - and the last few years I have started to experiment with different recipes. I enjoy trying new things and seeing how the turn out. Sometimes it's good, great even, and other times, well, less then great.

I have been keeping a journal on what drinks I have been making for a while now (after a couple it was hard to remember what I was making - you know what I mean) and now I think it's time to share them with the world. Some have never been tried by anyone other then myself, and others have been shared and even published.

Please try them out, enjoy them, share them, and let me know what you think.

Here is a Mexican twist on the Mojito.


Tequjito

1 1/2 oz Tequila
1 Lime, juice of
1/2 Tangerine, juice of
2 sprigs of Mint
1 tsp Sugar (or simple syrup)
1 tsp Salt
Club Soda


In mortar, mix lime juice and tangerine juice with mint, sugar, and salt. Pour into highball glass with ice. Add tequila and top with club soda.



Remember, enjoy responsibly, never drink and drive, and always tip the bartender - before the nights out he'll be your best friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment